Filing ended Feb. 18 in the race for Lewisville ISD Board of Trustees. Places 6 and 7 are up for election this year, and both incumbents have filed for re-election.
Trustees serve three-year terms with no pay. School board trustees set policy and strategy for the district, approve budgets and large expenditures, approve hires and terminations, and act as a semi-judicial body to hear appeals of administrative decisions.
In school board elections, the candidate with the most votes wins the race whether or not they have a majority of votes. There are no run-off elections.
Here are the candidates:
- Kristi Hassett (Incumbent), 47, of Flower Mound is a consultant. [LTJ Profile Story] [Facebook Page] [Website]
- Eric Parker, 23, of The Colony is a certified pharmacy technician and a student. [Profile to come] [Website] [Facebook Page]
- Peter Rabner, 38
- Jon Hanna, 60, of Flower Mound is a fluid power specialist. [LTJ Profile Story]
- Tracy Scott Miller (Incumbent), 52, of Highland Village is a corporate executive. [LTJ Profile Story] [Facebook Page] [Website]
- Shari A. Chambers, 53, of Lewisville is a project specialist. [LTJ Profile Story] [Website]
- Sandra N. Weinstein, 57, of Flower Mound is a marketing manager. [LTJ Profile Story] [Facebook Page]
- Colleen Shaw [LTJ Profile Story] [Twitter Feed]
The Lewisville Texan Journal is attempting to write a profile story on each candidate this year. We have included links here for the candidate stories done so far. We will update information on each candidate as we learn about them.